Agency Relationships

MINNESOTA LAW REQUIRES that early in any relationship, real estate brokers or salespersons discuss with consumers what type of agency representation or relationship they desire. The available options are Seller's/Landlord's Broker, Subagent, Buyer's/Tenant's Broker, Dual Agency - Broker Representing both Seller/Landlord and Buyer/Tenant or Facilitator.

If you desire representation you must enter into a written contract, according to state law. Until such time as you choose to enter into a written representation, you will be treated as a customer and will not receive any representation from the broker or salesperson. The broker or salesperson will be acting as a Facilitator unless the broker or salesperson is representing another party.

Please visit with me about the options you are able to choose from in your real estate transaction.